Running a little late on the proton radiation floor yesterday. My appointment was at 1:15 and I got out of there after 3:00. No worries, though. I am not complaining about such things these days.
- I met a friend at a Korean restaurant for dinner last night near the Kimmel Center in Philly. Holy Moly – that was some good eating…and good company! It is the first time I have eaten bibimbap – and it was worth it! Bibimbap is something I have only seen on the Food Network…but now I know it is real since I have eaten it. Yum!
- I want to give a shout out to my friend Chris Hamilton. He is the youth pastor at FBC Lansdale. Every week Chris has made the trip to UPenn just to hang out with me for an hour or two. It is a long trip for him from the suburbs into the city. I greatly appreciate him taking the time to chat, hang out, listen and share time together. It makes each week go quicker.
- One big miss for me in the last 5 weeks is that I haven’t had a cheesesteak yet in Philly. Please don’t think less of me. I have pretty much stayed around the hospital and not ventured out too far from my apartment. Let’s also make it known that I will rectify the situation next week.
- The music yesterday was ok – mostly forgettable. There was one Pink Floyd song – but nothing much to pass the time.
- As I was done getting blasted yesterday, the technician started moving the table back into position before unlocking my head from the table. It was kind of weird. I was stretching my arms out, bending my legs, and couldn’t move because my head was tight to the table. Here is my thought – if you want me to be comfortable and not claustrophobic, unhooks he mask before spending two minutes driving the table back into the original position.